Greater Hickory Cooperative Christian Ministry (GHCCM) Pharmacy
31 1st Ave SE Hickory, NC 28602
Greater Hickory Cooperative Christian Ministry (GHCCM)’s pharmacy offers qualified patients access to no-cost medications through patient assistance programs and partnerships with national organizations, area businesses, and wholesalers.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. (RX Fast Pass pickup ONLY)
- The pharmacy fills prescriptions for eligible patients who are seen at GHCCM’s Medical Clinic, Kintegra Family Medicine, Catawba Valley Behavioral Health, Cognitive Connections, Catawba Valley Medical Group practices, and many others. In addition, patients seen in the emergency departments, urgent care, or other primary care or specialty practices can have prescriptions filled at the GHCCM pharmacy if they are eligible.
- In general, patients are asked to pay $3.00 for each prescription not available through free programs. No patient with a GHCCM Healthcare card will be turned away because of their inability to pay for their prescription fees and will be referred to participate in a wellness program and meet monthly with a navigator program to meet with a program navigator each month BEFORE medication pick up.
For pharmacy services:
- Individuals must be a current patient of Kintegra Family Medicine of Hickory or Catawba Valley Family Medicine of Claremont or an associate thereof, have a current GHCCM Healthcare card, have lost health insurance due to COVID 19, or be a current employee or household family member of GHCCM.
- To obtain a GHCCM Healthcare card: See eligibility requirements: GHCCM’s Medical Clinic
- Transfers INTO GHCCM from another pharmacy: Due to high volume, please allow up to 2 full business days.
- Our pharmacy does not fill any prescriptions for controlled substances.
- Patients must meet eligibility criteria for pharmacy services.
- Transfers OUT of GHCCM to another pharmacy: Please have the other pharmacy call us at (828) 323-7915.
- Transfer requests to another pharmacy will be done no later than the end of that business day.
- PATIENTS MUST PLACE AN ORDER before the pharmacy will fill any NEW OR REFILL medications.
- Reorder (most) prescriptions when you are down to about 7 days (a week’s worth) of medication.
- If your GHCCM Healthcare card is expired, we cannot start processing your order until you renew your healthcare card, and you let us know.
- Pick up prescriptions within 15 days of placing your order. Due to limited medication inventory, any orders not picked up will be cancelled, returned to stock, and a new order will need to be placed.
- Ordering with RX Fast Pass
Monday through Thursday:
- New prescriptions: New prescriptions are filled the same day AS TIME PERMITS.
- Refill prescriptions: Due to high volume, please allow up to 2 full business days to complete your order.
- Friday is RX Fast Pass pick up ONLY. Please plan ahead and order early!
Several ways to order:
- By phone: (828) 323-7913 (Leave a message for the pharmacy to request new or refill prescriptions or enter prescription numbers into the automated system to request refills).
- Online: (See Medication Order Form below). Complete and send form to the following secure email: [email protected]. Forms sent to this email are encrypted and secure per HIPAA.
- Rx dropbox: Either drop off current prescription bottles or complete a medication order form (below) and drop into box, which is located by GHCCM’s main entrance.
- When placing a prescription order, be sure to let us know if you would like to use RX Fast Pass
Medication Order Form
PICKING UP PRESCRIPTIONS:
Try the new, faster and more convenient way to order and pick up prescription orders: GHCCM’s RX Fast Pass.
- Pick up is 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. (RX Fast Pass pick up ONLY)
PATIENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (PAP):
- Some brand-name medications are not kept in stock and must be ordered directly from the manufacturer. It may take several weeks for GHCCM to receive these medications.
- Our pharmacy’s PAP advocate will complete and submit all paperwork on the patient’s behalf. Patients must maintain an active CCM card.
- Patients: We encourage patients to call in and check on their medication deliveries. Call (828) 327-0979 ext 251 and leave a message for a call back.
CONTACT GHCCM PHARMACY:
Patients: Call (828) 323-7913
- Please leave a message, so we may serve your pharmacy needs. Tell us in your message if you need a call back. Messages are checked and calls are returned throughout the day.
Doctors and Pharmacies: Call (828) 323-7915
Lisa (GHCCM Pharmacist) has been a lifesaver to me and my husband. Everyone in the pharmacy is just so caring.