Our nutrition services are one of the many ways we help our neighbors in need.
To be eligible for monthly food services:
- Neighbors enrolled in SNAP (food stamps)
- An income level within 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- No stable housing or experiencing a crisis situation.
- Nutrition education, cooking instruction, healthy recipes, shopping on a budget, and general wellness classes offered through the Whole Life Center
Greater Hickory Cooperative Christian Ministry (GHCCM) is always in need of donations and volunteers. If you, your church, community group, or business are interested in helping us, reach our neighbors in Hickory, North Carolina and the surrounding areas, please contact the Nutrition Center manager (contact info below).
We serve approximately 850 families each month with emergency food and supplemental groceries.
What’s in a Food Bag?
- GHCCM’s Nutrition Services Center provides fresh breads and bakery items, an assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables, meats, eggs, milk, juice, and other perishable items as available.
- To supplement these foods, we also offer non-perishable items.
Food is made available to our neighbors through partnerships with:
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Area churches
- Local grocery stores and businesses
- Food drives
- Community donations
- Our Nutrition Center Cares About Your Health
- Are you diabetic?
- Are you vegetarian?
- Any dietary restrictions
- Let us Know! We can help by customizing your supplemental monthly food assistance as much as possible!
WILL YOU HELP?
Donations are Appreciated!
For information about how to support our Nutrition Center, please contact a staff member below:
HOURS OF OPERATION
NUTRITION CENTER HOURS
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Friday: 08:00 A.M. – 11:30 P.M. *Closed on the last Friday of each month