It is the goal of GHCCM to provide the support necessary for personal growth. The ministry is now providing behavioral health services to promote treatment and recovery for individuals who would benefit from counseling and classes. These individuals have been diagnosed with mental illness or substance-use disorders.
Through the GHCCM Medical Clinic and the Whole Life Center, the following is now offered:
- Two Peer Support Specialists
- Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP)
- Establishes and works with neighbors to improve their emotional, financial, and spiritual stability
- Identifies and addresses the social determinants of health that may be keeping neighbors in poverty
- Seeks solutions to issues related to neighbors’ needs and further coordinates available services
- WRAP specialists work with neighbors on a life, health, and wellness assessment
- Group Classes
- Spiritual Support Study
- Behavior modification
- Life skills
One-on-one peer support is offered at the Whole Life Center and through the Medical Clinic. For established and new patients who qualify for a GHCCM medical card, most medications are available free of charge at the GHCCM Pharmacy.
Individuals who qualify for service through Behavioral Health and Wellness, but do not qualify for the medical card will receive support services through the Whole Life Center.
Group meetings will address the following:
- Social determinants of health
- Practice goal setting through the Wellness Recovery Action Planning module
Group classes will include the following:
- Spiritual support and counseling offered at The Whole Life Center for individuals wanting to take the next step in their journey.
Upcoming group classes offered:
- Healthy Decision Making
- Building Relationships
- Spiritual Navigation
- Celebrate Recovery
Jane Duralia, GHCCM Medical Clinic
Clinical Peer Support Specialist
Twanna Bowens, GHCCM Whole Life Center
Peer Support Specialist
MEDICAL CLINIC HOURS
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.