First Talk interview with GHCCM Medical Clinic Director Molly Sain
Our medical clinic is open by appointment only to serve our neighbors in the Hickory area.
MEDICAL MINISTRIES CLINIC – Open by appointment only Mon.-Fri.
Healthcare Applications will be processed: Monday – Thursday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Our medical clinic in Hickory, North Carolina implemented telehealth video conferences during the COVID-19 pandemic to allow us to see patients who are sick and follow up on their condition and to provide education and instruction as to what they need to do if they experience symptoms of COVID-19. These visits can help minimize exposure for well patients and lessen their risks for contracting the virus. Instructions will be provided as to when to call the doctor and when to go to the ER. This will also be when we follow up on their medication refills, if needed.
Our clinic is currently offering telehealth and in-person medical visits.
Communication with patients will be done through phone, e-mail, and telehealth.
Greater Hickory Cooperative Christian Ministry (GHCCM) medical clinic provides healthcare, vision and dental services, and Hepatitis C treatment for uninsured adults. These services are supported by area healthcare providers, businesses, and volunteers along with public and private sponsors.
Our medical clinic is here to help underprivileged adults in our community receive the healthcare they need at no charge.
- We are a specialty clinic offering internal medicine, gastroenterology, dermatology, ophthalmology, dental and endocrinology services by appointment.
- Referrals to other specialty care offices are provided as available.
- We also offer access to counseling, mental health resources, and substance abuse assessments.
- Our dental clinic provides cleanings, evaluations, fillings, extractions, and patient education, as well as referrals to other dentists and/or oral surgeons if additional work is needed.
- Our Hepatitis C clinic offers education and medication assistance to qualified patients along with on-site lab services.
- GHCCM has partnered with Lenoir-Rhyne University’s medical programs, where the Health Studies students provide a weekly clinic for physical exams. Referrals and appointments are then made for follow-up care.
- Patients are asked to give a $5 donation at the time of each office visit; however, no one is turned away because of inability to pay.
GHCCM Medical Clinic is so wonderful and sweet. You feel the love when you come in the door. Staff is the Best. I thank God for all of them. I feel I’m getting the best treatments with them. Thank God for them.
To be eligible for clinical services, individuals must be adults 18 and over, a resident of Catawba or Alexander County, and fall within 200% of federal poverty guidelines. Individuals must also be uninsured and ineligible for Medicaid, Medicare, or private insurance. Some limited services will be available to residents in the surrounding counties on a case-by-case basis.
Only complete the forms which apply to you. All applicants should fill out pages 1-3. If you are without income, fill out pages 4-5. If you did not file taxes for 2020, fill out page 8. You may either print and bring the forms with you, or we will have them available for you at GHCCM. If you have any questions, contact Will Johnson at 828-327-0979 ext. 233.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Medical Ministries Clinic
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. (by appointment only)
Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. (by appointment only)
Jane Duralia, RN